Wednesday 18 May 2016

Look Incredible Beauty Box Review May 2016


  
     
  
      

Look Incredible Standard Beauty Box
May 2016

www.lookincredible.co.uk

This is the second beauty box I have received from Look IncredibleI love all things make up and skincare and I'm always looking to try new products so after trying out another beauty box from a different company I came across the Look Incredible boxThe box is delivered each month at a price of £18.99 plus postage (£2.50) bringing the total cost up to £21.49 per month.

The Look Incredible Box's best selling point for me was the full size products, in each box you will receive at least 5 full size products that you would expect to find on the high street. Now as much as travel sized products are great that you find in other beauty boxes who doesn't love a full sized product! Especially if you find a product you love! 

My first box received was in April, after being a little apprehensive due to cost of the box, I was soon pleasantly surprised with its contents and value for money. Aprils box contained brands such as smashbox that I have wanted to try for a while now - Although the product contained in the box is now discontinued from the smashbox range it gave me a idea of the quality of the brand. 

The May box contains the brands Claire's, Mac, Bare Minerals, Bellapierre Cosmetics and Korres. 

May's beauty box has a contents value of £86! 

Here is what the box contained 


Claire's Nail Varnish 10ml x3 (£3 each) - £9
Now technically you are getting 3 products here but counted as one! These Claire's nail varnishes are a good size and I have to say I am partial to a sparkly nail. I received a silver, gold glitter and rainbow sparkles. out of the three the silver was my favourite I found the gold glitter and rainbow sparkles quite hard to get a good coverage on the nail. The rainbow and gold glitter would probably work better over another colour for an added bit of sparkle.

Bellapierre Kabuki Brush - £22.50
This little brush is made from Taklon, and super soft to touch which is always nice when you are using it on your face! I have actually never heard of this brand before. It probably wouldn't have been something I would have thought to buy as I don't use many mineral powders although I have had some in the past, but also due to its size although the size isn't a bad thing! the brush itself is a good size and as it doesn't have a long handle is ideal for popping into a make up bag for on the go. 

Korres Eye Primer - £15
Perfect! was my first thought when discovering the Korres eye primer in the box, I've been thinking of buying an eye primer recently, the Korres eye primer provides a 360 degree smooth canvas around the delicate eye area, ensuring crease proof long lasting west of eye shadows and concealers. For day to day wear I don't tend to wear eyeshadow but I still get creases where my foundation and concealer seem to gather. The eye primer definitely improved this but I felt like I had to use quite a bit of product, although it could have been that there wasn't loads of product on the applicator each time I dipped it in the tube so it felt like I was using more! Although I don't suffer too much with darkness under the eyes (I'm not sure how I don't with 4 children!) I know it's a big issue for some people. the Korres eye primer says the apricot undertones instantly corrects darkness.

Bareminerals Blush 6g -  £22 
Bareminerals is a brand I have tried before although never a blusher so was excited to give it a try. I received the colour French Kiss (out of the two colours the other colour was a bronze/beige colour) which is a bright rosey pink colour which is just my style. I always find the little brushes that come with the blushes too small so used a different brush to apply. The blusher stayed put all day and looked nice on my very pale face! 

Mac Patent Polish Lip Pencil 2.3g - £17.50
I am a fan of Mac lipsticks already but have never tried this product, there was again a choice of 3 colours and it looks like I was lucky In receiving a pinky toned colour called pleasant - the colour i would have picked out of all three. The first thing with Mac products i notice is the sparkly black on the outside that already I thumbs up for me! The actual product offers the comfort of a balm with a sheen of a lipgloss and precision of a lip pencil. I have to say it's really easy to apply and being that it's like a balm I feel like it moisturised my lips whilst wearing which as I am also a keen wearer of matte products which I feel dry my lips out a bit is a nice change.

What My Verdict On This Months Box

The May box has left a similar impression on me as Aprils did, although I think the May box topped the April box. I was really pleased with the products I received, some brands contained I have heard of and use and other I haven't. But even the brands I had heard of/use I had never tried the particular products that the box provided. I feel like I have definitely had value for money this month the bareminerals blusher is worth over the cost of the box alone!  I am very much looking forward to next months box already! 

Please note these are all my own opinions, I am not a professional.







No comments:

Post a Comment