Tuesday 7 June 2016

A Lush Outing - Lush Peterborough Bloggers Event

      I'm really excited to tell you all about this event and all the different products that we were shown!          

                       

On Friday evening myself (with my little girl Avie-Jennifer in tow as I'm her food source!) and a couple of my friends Georgina and Amy (please see their blog address at the bottom of the post) went to the Lush store in Peterborough for their first ever bloggers event!

It was late night shopping so the shop was still open to customers but that didn't make any difference to the experience. When we got there we had a wander around the store and took some pictures...I think it's time I saved up for a decent camera and not rely on my phone camera! We also met Kat, Laura and Foz it was great to meet some other bloggers.

Lisa, Grace and Carolyn greeted us with some yummy drinks to choose from and some lovely looking biscuits my choice was a funky pink swirly one which tasted equally as good! (I never did ask where they were from!) We slowly moved on to a tour of the store, now I've visited lush several times but I have to admit it's probably been to buy bath bombs for gifts for friends rather than buying anything for myself, little did I know lush isn't just all bath bombs and soap!

                                                   

Our first stop was the make up, as I have said in previous posts I love experimenting with make up and different coloured lipsticks in particular. Grace talked us through the make up on the display and she was even wearing the highlighter herself which looked lovely, I was quite taken with the lip scrubs I've wanted to try them for a while now but I wasn't aware lush even did them. The lip scrubs smelt delicious and from the three flavours of popcorn, bubblegum and mint julips the bubblegum was the top runner for me. So much so I purchased one at the end of the night.

                                                  

We moved on to the teeth section.... yes you did read that right the teeth section, if you are like me It was another  producd I didn't realise even graced the shelves of lush! Lisa showed us the toothy tabs and crushed one in her hand, you use these instead of toothpaste, chew the tab between your teeth and then brush there was an array of flavours and colours. Now some of the colours and flavours will probably make you think, but how do they even clean your teeth properly and to be honest that was my instant thought but we were reassured that your teeth feel squeaky clean after using them. We were given a few samples of the toothy tabs which I will tell you more about towards the end of this post.

          

As we worked our way around the store Lisa, Grace and Carolyn told us all about the different products and types even demonstrating them on themselves ( I don't think Lisa had a spare space on her arm for the products by the end of the evening!) we passed around several items and had a feel and a good sniff of all the various products. I've always wondered how people work in lush all day without getting a headache from the smell but after being in the store for a while it isn't as as overpowering as when you first walk in.

We also looked at the sunblocks, massage bars and shower gels that lush have to offer which is a varied range from powdered, solid blocks and liquids and I believe there is even more available online. Avie-Jennifer had also decided to wake at this point but she was as good as gold as we continued to walk around!

                                                    

The last section of the shop tour was mostly to do with hair products, there was hair products for all types and even hot oil treatments, we were given a little hair consultation at the end of the night and gifted a shampoo bar which would suit us each individually I was given Jason and the Argan oil my hair is very damaged thick and dry so I was looking forward to giving it a try, and even better these little round bars can last up up to 80 washes! For a small product I wasn't expecting it to work as effectively as it did and it lathered up loads when I used it for the first time I found it easier to lather it on to my hair rather than in my hands.

            

The final product that we looked at was the fresh face masks they were all sat on top of an icey mound and looked lovely and refreshing! Grace and Lisa also showed us how the face masks were made, the particular mask they made had actual blueberry in, that's right blueberries all mushed up what could be better than fresh product in a product. The mask also had calamine powder in it so it was a really good face ask for outbreaks as it is calming on angry inflamed skin. Unfortunately I left my sample behind so right now I can't comment on how I found it but it sounded very appealing.

       

After making the masks we were treated to a relaxing hand and arm massage using the massage bars the girls had shown us on the tour around the store, luckily Avie was still being a good girl chilling out and sucking her fingers so I sat back and enjoyed the massage thank you Lisa! A lovely end to a brilliant night. I must have been so relaxed this is why I forgot my facemask!  Whilst the others received their massages I quickly grabbed a pot of lip scrub and some fun a 4 in one product you can use in the bath or shower for your body aswell as being able to play with it, I thought it would be ideal for the boys to use when they had a bath, as it was like playdoh but with less mess which is always welcome! 

       

Before we left Lisa told us about all spa experiences that lush provide at certain locations, they sounded amazing and revitalising! We also got to see a couple of the best selling bath bombs - the experimenter and intergalactic in action they looked beautiful fizzing away in the water.

                                                   

If you were thinking about going to an event like this in the future I would definitely recommend it I learnt so much about the different products and now have a list of Products I would like and products that would be good to gift to others.

As soon as I got Home on Friday evening I tried out one of the toothy tab samples that we were given I tried the boom ones, despite it looking quite alarming having a black/greyish foaming mouth and the first taste being a bit unusual the overall experience was good and I noticed straight away my teeth looked whiter! I tried out the lime toothy tab as well and was equally impressed. I ran out of samples on Sunday, so when my friend said she was popping to town asked if she could pick me a pot up this time in boom, but next time I may go for the lime.  After explaining to my friend about them she purchased a pack for herself aswell!

So far I'm pleased with the results of all of the products I purchased my lips are definitely smoother with using the lip scrub which is a vast improvement as they have always been really dry plus you can just lick it off at the end of application! My 3 boys also really enjoyed playing with the fun in the bath and writing words with it on their bodies.

                                                

Thanks Lush I will definitely be back!

To visit lush online - www.lush.com
Georgina's blog - www.2prettylittleladies.com
Amy's Blog - www.thefiveinone.co.uk

   




No comments:

Post a Comment